Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Another beautiful day in the neighbourhood.  A balmy -15 to start and then we got to whopping -6 but strangely the -6 afternoon walk felt colder.  I guess due to the wind and cloud cover whereas the morning was bright sunshine.  Both groups went to Southland.

Bruin, Everest, Guiny-Pig, Nicky, Marty, Ryder and Whistler enjoyed a morning stroll with Rio, his nanny Tammy and Zore their new dog. 

Ryder was not thrilled to be at the park this morning and let me know by lagging far behind the group and even standing behind things so I could not see him but he could see me.  At one point I lost sight of him and Whistler and when I looked back I saw Whistler laying in the snow chewing a stick and Ryder standing by watching her.  I think he worships her as he is always standing guard over her while she does her chewing at the park.  They must have gotten worried that the rest of the group was so far ahead that they both started running towards us.  It was so cute to see a teeny tiny Ryder running next to a big old golden. 

Marty was frustrated at every turn today.  He could not find any one to play with.  He even got so desperate to play that he literally thew himself at a Ridgeback (about an 80 - 90 pound dog)  The Ridgeback did not even register that Marty had made impact. 

In between the two walks I went check on Angus the golden who had both legs operated on a few months ago.  He was desperate to go in the truck and he too was frustrated when he only got a leashed walk in the back yard and a tummy rub.  And he thanked me for the tummy rub by burping in my face.  Some days you have to REALLY love dogs. 

The afternoon group was a happy bunch of dogs - well except for Cheetos.  Again I had to listen as he told people that he had been abducted and they had to take him home.  He even showed them that his home address was on his tag.  Luckily they had a pug too and knew all the tricks they pull to get out of exercise. 

Clover, Frank and Owen hit the park in a big noisy way and let everyone know that they had arrived.  Frank settled down quickly as he usually burns hot and fast, Clover loves to chat and kept up the noise for most of walk and Owen he likes to add his two very loud cents worth when the situation warrants it.  Owen has settled into the walks and runs around for a bit then comes galloping back to me with a huge grin on his face then takes off again after I acknowledge him.  He is loving his time at the park but still hates the truck portion of the days events.  Oh well, you play you pay! 

Vinny L. was strutting around in his old man cardigan and booties like he owned the park.  I guess he was feeling really good today.  Go Vinny!!



   

No comments:

Post a Comment