Thursday, September 20, 2012

Hump Day

I am so proud of the dogs.  They were so well mannered yesterday morning you should be proud too.

The group was much bigger than normal as I had a doctor's appointment and did not want anyone to miss their scheduled outing (Wednesday is the day that most of the "once a week walkers" come get out with their buddies) so I arranged for a helper to meet me at the park.  She unfortunately had to cancel and we were left alone.  YIKES! or so I thought.

Everyone was excited but managed to keep themselves under control.  We started by getting everyone focused on a common goal - a ball!  While I raced around trying to gather up all the poop and keep track of the balls the majority of the dogs got into the chase.  The little dogs with the exception of Wilbur were more content to hang together and sniff.  I think they just did not want to get run over by the slobber-set. 

After the dogs had burned some excess energy and lost three balls we decided to walk.  Urkle and Max were having trouble staying focused on the group so they had to go on leash.  I felt kind of sorry for the two of them because every so often I would feel several more pounds on the leash and turned to find Wilbur and J humping them.  Those poor boys were captive and Wilbur and J being the cheeky little guys that they are took full advantage of the opportunity to tease them. 

Copper and Oakley, our new boys, are getting used to being in a pack while still maintaining their independence.  Each of them takes turns running far ahead and then back for a check in.  As long as they stay in the general area I am happy to let them have their fun and exercise. 

All in all a very happy and fun walk for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment