Tuesday, September 11, 2012

After a late start to the day and over $800.00 in repairs to the truck we were off to Southland Park.  When we arrived the wind was howling and so were the dogs.  I thought for sure it would pour rain but we got lucky and it held off. 

Bruin, Joey, Gabby, Pina, Sam, Sidney, Taylor and Josie all seemed to enjoy the cooler weather but it was Max who showed the most appreciation.  He HATES the hot weather so he was thrilled to be cool yesterday.  He was frisky and I think I caught him grinning a couple times. 

Joey and Bruin made it their mission to steal balls from the retrievers as they brought them back to shore.  Neither of the big boys would give the balls up which caused my retriever girls, Gabby, Pina and Sammy to get a bit frustrated with them.  Luckily, I had several balls in my bag.  G and P are not happy when they are denied ball chasing time and Sammy protested VERY loudly when the ball is out of play.   

Poor little emo Josie always seems to get caught in the crossfire of the ball chuck-it or the other dogs diving for the balls.  Yesterday she turned too soon and received a tennis ball in the head.  I actually thought she was going to cry.  I felt so bad!  She is getting quicker to recover from these types of incidents and did not hold it against me for too long. 

Taylor (aka Tater-tot), Sidney and Ryder don't enjoy playing in the water and hung out on shore checking out the other dogs and the delicious smells around the park. 

No comments:

Post a Comment