Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Thank you to everyone who helped me out today!  I had to have my truck towed in for servicing first thing this morning and consequently ended up behind schedule by 2 - 3 hours.  Your patience is most appreciated.

Both groups got to go to Southland today.  The first group was raring to go and hit the ground running.  Auzzie, Rover, Bruin, Frank, Guiness, Marty, Nicky, Whistler and Wilbur were very excited to get to the park (especially Wilbur and Whistler who had been sitting in the back of the truck through most of the towing and repairs.)  Marty was really happy to have Wilbur and Auzzie to play with.  Usually he doesn't have a little buddy to hang out with in the morning.  Bruin, Whistler and Guinny were really itchy today as they seemed to be wiggling on their backs in the dry crunchy grass an awful lot. 

The second group was a little bigger as I did not have time to get Everest and Wilbur home.  This made the walk exciting to say the least.  Taylor and Bella have not played together before but took to each other like old buddies.  They were chasing and growling at each other.  They enjoyed the rough play but might have worried some of the others at the park with the amount of noise they made.  Big Owen made a point to steal all the balls he could find from other dogs and manage to loose the one I gave him.  At one point he stole a ball from a dog and the woman needed it back to get her dog's attention to leave the park.  I had to sneak up on Owen and grab him around his tummy as he lay mauling the ball.  A couple minutes later he had stolen the ball again from the same dog and lay in the grass mauling it.  This time he was not so trusting and when I went in to grab him by the tummy again he was on to me and got up quickly and I ended up being able to only grab his tail.  He was not thrilled with me but conceded defeat and gave up the ball.  

Grannie Annie was so cute and cuddly while we were driving.  She kept putting her little head on my arm and staring up at me.  She had the tiniest little blond face.

Copper, Dutch and Clover mainly kept to themselves and enjoyed just being outside on a beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment