Monday, November 7, 2011

It was cold today but I am not complaining... yet. 

The morning group (Everest, Copper, Riley, Rover, Ryder and Whistler) went to Southland.  Being that the weekend warriors are not able or willing to clean up after their dogs a good deal of time was spent picking up "stuff" so that it did not: a) get eaten b) stepped in by me and c) rolled in by our gang.  The dogs were wild for all the smells and it took quite a while to get everyone going in the same direction.  At one point I thought I had them all focused and moving forward and then as we were going to go through the gate the "heads" did not add up.  Whistler was not present and accounted for.  This is not like her to not come when into view when called.  She does not always come to me but she always pokes her head up and lets me know where she is.  Being a concerned doggie-mama I gathered the boys up and we went to look for her.  When I found her she had her head in the grass eating something that was still steaming.  I am thinking and hoping it was her own breakfast and not someone else's.  And you thought my job was all fun and games!!

There are a couple of older female labs that are in love with Copper.  It was so sweet and romantic to see the females run across the field and Copper run out to meet them.  The oldest of the girls did a wiggly jump for him.  He has quite the effect on the ladies.

The afternoon group was big and bouncy and slightly crazy so ball play was out of the question.  That and the fact that I could not find any balls in the truck.  We had Sierra join us again today.  We love Sierra.  She is big and gentle and she LOVES to play with the little boys which is so funny to watch as Sierra is about five times bigger than they are.  She kept Wilbur, Mitch and Auzzie busy and out of trouble.  Nina, Shea, Gabby and Pina found a boy to adore.  A human boy.  And they stuck to him for an embarrassing amount of time.  He seemed to like the attention.  If you ever want to meet men take those four to the park and let them find the friendly, easy going guys for you.  Bailey was more into wrestling with the dog-boys from Jen's group then ogling strange men.  While Sammy was just a sweetheart and wanted to hang with me. 

As always I love my job and my hairy slightly crazy group of forever BFFs.

No comments:

Post a Comment