Thursday, November 24, 2011

Both groups went to Southland today.  The melting snow made for some mucky feet so remember to leave out towels for these kind of days.

Everyone was very well behaved except for one dog (who will remain anonymous).  He/she refused to load up at the end of the walk and made everybody late (well only me) for lunch.  Luckily Jennifer disarmed the dog and was able to leash it and we were off. 

The afternoon group was a noisy bunch.  Lots of barking competitions in the back of the truck.  Bo collected some new goodies today which he packed around the park.  When we went into the long grass to rummage around I knew where he was because I could hear him fussy with his things or barking for me to wait up.  The dogs enjoyed being in the long grass so much that I was standing around enjoying them enjoy it when I realized that we were one short.  Cheetos (the prince) does not walk on or in long grass and therefore had refused to follow the pack.  Once we realized that he was not close by we trekked back to the path to find him standing there with a pinched look of semi-disgust on his face.  He provided me with forgiveness when I picked him up and put him in the truck.  Little Auzzie is becoming a big boy and standing up for me.  A dog that normally does not come out with us attempted to jump on me and Auzzie lunged at the dog and t-boned her which caused her to have to abort the jump.  Thanks Auzzie!   

Some of the dogs were later than usual as there was a reporter at the park and she took some pictures or the dogs and wanted my reaction to the news that the City has approved 15 new dog parks.  I thought this was great as it would ease some of the congestion at the bigger parks.  If anyone sees a "Metro" in the next few days pick up a copy for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment