Thursday, December 9, 2010

A cold but none the less nice day at the park.  Both groups went to Southland.  It was surprisingly busy for such a cold day.  This morning it was Res and the boys. Georgie, Frank, Copper, Everest, Guiness, Marty, Nicky, Ryder and Ziggy stormed the park and had a great time.  It is a different atmosphere when the majority of the pack is male.  Everyone stayed warm by keeping active and when anyone would stop I would get them moving again quickly but they were still happy to get to the rental van to warm up with car heat and blankets.  We walked with Jennifer and her group for a while and then Penny S and her mom, Trudy, joined us for the last half of the walk.   

The afternoon group was a bit more mixed and definitely more mellow than the morning group.  Copper and Everest came for their second walk of the day and were joined by Clover, Rover, Sam, Vinny L., Penny and Miles.  Vinny was dressed for the high arctic with boots and a fleece jacket on and was happy to saunter from person to person offering season's greetings.  When we got to the north end of the park Rover spotted something in the distance and took off like a shot after it.  When I glanced over to see what he was focussed on I was startled to see something big and black start moving on the side of Deerfooot.  Turns out it was just a black garbage bag being picked up by the wind.  As usual Sam and Clover enjoyed hanging out with me for some serious girl time which I did not mind because they didn't mind when I warmed my hands in their arm pits. 

I love my job and my fuzzy, silly, and sometimes strange friends.

PS Please forgive the spelling errors in the previous posts.    

No comments:

Post a Comment