Monday, October 4, 2010

FunDay

Another beautiful day for dogs.  I was frightened when I saw the rain early this morning but it stopped by the time we got to the park and the dogs did not get too wet and gross.  Both groups went to Southland today.

The morning group welcomed our newest and tiniest pack member.  His name is Wilbur and he is a 9 week old black pug.  He is not actually walking with group but doing daycare with his "gramma" until he is old enough to walk with the big guys.  Right now he seems to have no fear and moves easily in and around the big guys in the back yard.  Jin, Vinnie R., Everest, Whistler, Sarge, Rover, Ryder and Penny were very kind and gentle with Wilbur.  You should all be proud.  This morning was a mess of dogs just having a good time being dogs.  No real games were played but everyone was happy and playful and easy to manage. 

The afternoon group was full of goofy females and Everest.  We started off at the river because it turned out hotter than I expected.  Then we moved to the field and I brought out the balls.  It was quite a sight to see all the dogs running for the balls.  I had the chuckit and another one I was kicking.  Dogs from all over were coming over and joining in the fun and games.  We met several new friends - Fletcher the crazy choco lab and Dizzy an older boarder collie among others.  Our pack, which is usually quite protective of each other and their space seemed to welcome all comers.  Bailey, Sam, Destiny, Gabby, Pina, Taylor and Clover all had their tongues hanging out the sides of their mouths by the time we were ready to go home.  I got a lot compliments on their behaviour and of course their natural good looks. 

I love my furry friends and my job!!

No comments:

Post a Comment