Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Day After the Long Weekend

I hope everyone enjoyed their long weekend and had a good harty helping of turkey and pie.  I know I did!!

Another beautiful day for dogs.  Both groups went to Southland and thankfully the puddles have all but dried up.  It was Whistler, the boys (Copper, Everest, Guinny, Marty, Nicky, Ryder and Bruin) and me this morning and everyone was extremely well behaved.  Marty is still has a man-crush on Copper but Copper is taking it in stride and trying (but not succeeding) in getting Marty to stop being so affectionate.  Everest and Mika played together for a while.  Mika and his mom joined us for part of the walk.  Bruin made sure that the new guy knew who was the boss.  Unfortunately for Bruin I had to explain that I was the boss not him.  Nicky and Guiness are so sweet and easy and only seem to get rowdy with each other.  When we stopped at my house for lunch Marty got to play with Wilbur.  Wilbur enjoyed being around a dog that is within 75 pounds of him as he usually gets to play with Everest at lunchtime.

The afternoon group was a joy today too.  Lets keep this up guys.  Even the seniors Hollie and Vinny were chipper and able to keep up.  Vinny stole the ball from the young guys, Everest and Georgie.  Clover was a bit miffed that she wasn't fast enough to get the ball from a couple of retrievers but she did enjoy when an older lady admired her.  Harley got back from a two week holidays with his aunty and was right back into the thick of things.  Several people tried to pet him today and he was gracious with the women but did not like the men trying to pet him.  Frank came back from two weeks in Edmonton and was right back in this place in the group like he never left. 

I love my job and my furry friends!!

No comments:

Post a Comment