Monday, November 29, 2010

Dancing Goldens

Well our second full day in as many weeks!!  What beautiful, bright but cold day.  The morning group went to Southland and had a blast tearing around in the snow.  There weren't very many people or dogs at the park so they had a lot of freedom to run around and do their own thing.  The group was tiny (only four dogs).  Whistler, Everest, Rover and Ryder are all very independent so I was able to enjoy a cup of coffee as we strolled around. 

The afternoon group went to Edworthy and they were a little more energetic and playful.  Wilbur (my grand-pug) has started walking with the group.  Previously he only did ride alongs to get used to being in the truck and around the group.  He has learned from the best how to behave in a group and is not afraid of anything. 

I still don't have my truck back so I did not have balls and the chuck-it to play with today which disappointed the 6 retrievers in the group.  They made up for the lack of toys by chasing each other, doing a bit of wrestling, sliding on the snow like seals and doing lots of visiting.  We ended up at one point walking with three other packs.  All the dogs were amazingly well behaved and there was only one "argument" over a tennis ball and my group wasn't involved.  I was so proud!! 

On the way to the park we were listening to the radio and I was singing to the dogs.  Tucker (golden) enjoyed it so much he was doing the full body wag and spinning around.  It was great to have such an appreciative audience (if he only knew).  Speaking of full body wag Sam actually smacked herself in the eye she was wagging so hard.  Goldens are so easy to please. 

Thank you all for your patience with the weather struggles and the truck drama.  I should get my truck back tomorrow.  The van I am driving is not nearly as comfortable for me or the dogs nor is it as reliable on the snowy roads so I am going slower and still getting stuck on almost every side street.  The drop off times should go back to normal tomorrow or the day after. 

No comments:

Post a Comment