Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Another crazy long day for the dogs.  The morning group did not mind as they got the benefit of an extra ½ hour or so at the park.  I forgot to set the timer and by the time I realized we  had been at the park for far too long Everest and Rover had set up camp in the duck pond and were not coming out anytime soon.  Oh to be a dog in the spring!  Eventually I got all the dogs in the truck and settled.  Then when I got Ryder and Erkle home they tracked their muddy paws all over the hard wood floor so it was bath time.  They may hate me but at least I did not have to take them to the car wash.  Riley still has not forgiven me for the time I had to take him there for a shower.  Everyone else sloughed off the dirt in my truck which had to be swept out and all the towels and blankets washed. 

The morning pack was mostly little boys:  Riley, Frank, Erkle, Ryder, and Frank and then the big guys and one gal: Vinnie blue-eyes, Everest, Hollie, Bruin and Rover.  Frank helped me with Erkle again today.  He was a little impatient at times but Erkle's getting the hang of pack walks and seems to be benefiting from the exercise and socialization. 

The afternoon group was large but very well behaved.  We were very late getting to the park so the dogs were getting restless.  When I opened up the back they all fell out and hit the ground running.  We had our usual Wednesday afternoon group of Bailey, Frank, Nina, Shea, Sidney, Taylor, Wilbur, Georgie and as a special treat Vinny Link joined us.  We haven't seen him in a while and we have missed him.  He was very spry and happy to be with his friends although he usually just keeps to himself (like most of the old guys.) 

We played ball with one ball that I brought and the dogs found a couple more but as usual we got back to the truck with only one ball.  I am not sure how this happens but I guess what we lose another group finds and the circle is complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment