Thursday, August 26, 2010

30 Degrees

What a hot day especially the afternoon.  The morning group and the afternoon group both went to Southland.

This morning Hollie the collie and I were stuck with a pack of boys.  Copper and Diego chased each other and found several placed to roll around.  Come the afternoon there wasn't as much frolicking by these two (both come out with the group for both walks on Tues and Thurs).  They were so hot!  Georgie thought that a dust bath would cool him down.  It just made him dusty.  Ryder (schnoodle) refused to move beyond the shade and Cheet's (pug) tongue was hanging pretty low.  Cheets barked in the truck.  I have only heard him bark once before and he has been with the pack literally since the beginning 3½ years ago.  Nicky and Guiny mostly played together.  Penny Schiaroli and her mom, Trudy, walked with us.  Penny is coming back full time on Monday - YAY!

This afternoon most of the dogs enjoyed getting into the river even if they weren't necessarily water dogs.  Maya (pitt bull-ish), Taylor and Destiny (boxers) and of course Sam the ham (GR) spent quite a bit of time wading in or swimming in the water.  I did not even have to throw anything.   We moved from water hole to water hole along the Bow.  Even little Harley enjoyed getting is feet wet which is something I haven't seen before.  Franky wasn't feeling good so he missed the walk however, he seemed OK when I checked on him on my way home.   Vinny Link was feeling the heat and it affected his mood - boy was he a cranky boy!  It's a good thing that he is so handsome - makes it easier to forgive.

I love my job and my four-legged friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment